Monday, May 27, 2019

Relaxing

Trying to blog more often here... this wasn't the worst Memorial Day weekend I've had; in some ways it was surprising, considering all of the stuff I did...  one thing I finished off was the Philo Vance series of mysteries.  I will miss them, because they were... good.  I mean, a little dated, but certainly enjoyable, and it is good to mix up the reading once in a while.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/when-malls-saved-the-suburbs-from-despair

Interesting?  I don't know, I don't go to the mall that often, but when I do...I enjoy myself.  I suspect online shopping has replaced this for many people, but I just wonder...some malls still exist.  I would assume not being a shithole, having decent stores and a good experience would still go a long way.  People like to shop and for some, they like to see it before they buy.  I guess most of my mall experience is South Park... which is pretty nice, and I tend to go off-hours, as well...

The Tribe is depressing, and it sounds like they are already in tear down mode... maybe?  This could be me, but 1) the Wild Card is a thing and 2) very rarely do teams nowadays say "Gee, this year we failed, but we'll fix it and move on;" rather, it's tear down and sell off.  Economically it makes sense, but... I am not sure that it does, and if you think about it, teams tend to spend more time in the cellar than not, which beggars the question...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home