Monday, April 15, 2019

Bemusements...

I haven't really been sleeping well lately, for a bunch of reasons, so I am going to try and get to bed soon but I have been amused by all sorts of things.

First of all, I got a kick out of Brad Miller's comments... I mean, I think he has a point, and no one really believes that this isn't about the money.  But, let's face it, Brad Miller is... not that good?  He had one good year, but that was a while ago, and he is not much defensively, to put it charitably.  And that is just at second; I can only imagine the carnage at SS.  Moroff looked bad out there Saturday, and Stamets... I would argue that his play is the crux of Miller's defense; Stamets can't hit -- God bless him, and he has a great story -- but Tribe fans will be longing for Michael Martinez at this point.  Plus, Stamets has looked like Mark Lewis with the glove, which he cannot do if he is going to hit like a blind pitcher.  Moroff isn't hitting either, and the argument could be that with Kip back now and Lindor back soon, you can live with Miller who at least is hitting, for now...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/boys-stormed-a-girls-bathroom-to-protest-a-girl-got-expelled-for-fighting-back-family-says/ar-BBVX84d?li=BBnb7Kz
This amused the hell out of me, mainly because I think all of this transgenderism is a bit ridiculous, and the way to fight this is to be more ridiculous.  It is a shame the boys didn't have the cameras rolling, since I bet they were probably just there en masse and thus some chick whaled on a boy.  Maybe if they tried sitting in -- pardon the pun -- or adopting Gahndi poses in there?  I always say that men should just do what men do in bathrooms, and after a few weeks of paint-peeling and what not...well, you get the drift.

Sad news about Notre Dame -- having been there, I can assure you it IS a treasure.  I can only hope that it is NOT terrorism and indeed a horrible accident, because the shit could hit the fan, even in France...

Back to amusement, namely, President Trump threatening to move refugees into sanctuary cities.  I think it is brilliant and he really needs to just go out there and say "if these people are so wonderful and inoffensive, you will gladly take them all."  Hell, if he had the true guts he would fly out to Nancy Pelosi's front yard and make the speech there.  This is all political theater but it is the one thing the man is good at (ok, others too!) and I think secretly, sort of, that this is what his true supporters love about the guy; he speaks certain truths that traditionally could not be said, and goes and says them anyways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home