Thursday, March 21, 2019

Quickies

It's been a long day.  Hell, it's been a long week!  The blogging frequency of course has suffered, but here we are now, watching March Madness.... I for one expected better games from Marquette and Nevada; everyone seemed to think that UF was like OSU, but..  this could be me, but it seemed like the committee was just trying to put Belmont and Fran Dunphy in the Dance, which is fine, but making them play each other...

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-reckoning-of-morris-dees-and-the-southern-poverty-law-center
This could be me, but if the GOP had any brains, they would 1) File a class action suit and sue away for any harassment-related claim (Peter Thiel, I am thinking of you) and 2) have groups start doing the same...I would stress discovery over cash at any opportunity, just to air the dirty laundry...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/gas-tax-hike-a-rare-big-idea-with-bipartisan-backing-11553086670
I see we are having this debate in Ohio, and... well, this is me, but I would think it would be better to raise the tax a couple of cents every year, rather a big hike at once, as this way... no one really notices.  I think we are in agreement that the roads need to be fixed, but...this tax, like most, is regressive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home