Thursday, February 21, 2019

Amusement

This could be me, but... it seemed that the entire Duke team and coaching staff just collapsed last night when Zion went down, and that is... a problem?  I mean, for a team down 23 against Louisville... I think you have to put some of this on Coach K, as it really seemed that they didn't make any adjustments.  Oi.  I mentioned they were like the Buckeyes in 2007, when Troy Smith went down and it just fell apart. 

The sports world has given us two awesome articles (I am too lazy to link them); the Trevor Bauer one, of course, which was funny as hell in so many ways.  I sort of liked Cody Allen telling him to piss off on how to fix his curveball, actually.  Funny; for all of his struggles, you would have thought that maybe he'd try something. The other article I enjoyed was the one on ESPN.com about the Tim Donaghy scandal.  Maybe it is my family's gambling background, but... I do like those things.  The thing I found...fascinating... was that everyone seemed to know about it. I realize that 1) these things have a tendency to be found out and spiral and 2) people like money, but... to me, these guys had a sure thing, and rather than just make a few bets here and there for a prolonged period of time...  Anyways, to me, the nebulousness of officiating -- calling balls and strikes, the nebulousness of contact fouls -- would seem to me to be the best way to throw a game...

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/02/inside-elizabeth-holmess-final-months-at-theranos
I always love stories like this. I don't know, this could be me, but for all of the brouhaha about, say, Trevor Bauer... it's not like he is doing anything remotely criminal, and if he is using all of this tech to improve himself, so be it, whereas, as I like to say, Little Miss Theranos is committing crimecrime....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home