Sunday, February 10, 2019

Respite

After a long and busy week, we then have a long and busy weekend, which means that here I am, making what appears to be a weekly blog.  Oi.  I guess one achievement of sorts is that I was able to not only clean out the email folder of variously relevant stuff, but was also able to go through a bunch of bookmarked links, so that part of the computer looks neater, too... rah.

I was amused to see the world -- at least here -- go into partial meltdown over the Lindor injury; jokes about the crack medical staff aside, I am not sure this is the worst thing... I mean, he won't miss that much time and I think they can survive for a bit.  In the meantime, this may motivate the Tribe front office brass to go and out and, you know, improve the team.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-decline-of-historical-thinking

Um...yes/no/maybe?  I would think the main issue is, like anything else, that people have to see this investment in themselves will pay; with all the degree choices out there, there has to some relevance to a prospective student.  I don't think that people are any less interested in learning about the world out there, but maybe the profession has to sell something new to people to get the students in the seats?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home