Tuesday, January 01, 2019

The new

Sort of Sunday feel to today -- getting up early for Mass (only hope and changers skip the holy days of obligation, of course!), driving on empty highways, off to the gym, then to Mom's... not that this is a bad thing, but it is an odd feeling for the middle of the week.

I started "Broadcast News" last night and finished it now.  It wasn't very good?  I mean, I don't know, just couldn't get it.. it is story of love between people that never happens?  Careerism gone amok?  Maybe the news part of it, now, is a little dated, given that people consume news differently... yes, 698 off the list was...blah.  At least I am making progress, and rapid at that, at the new additions.

So, I also finished up Clay Travis's latest book --Republicans Buy Sneakers Too  -- and while I liked it, methinks the lady doth protest too much?  I think he is spot on about some things, such as the leftist politicization of sports; others, such as its role in the decline of ESPN, I think is a bit much.  I think it plays a role at the margins, but I would assume that cord-cutting is simply due to cost and convenience 90% of the time. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home