Friday, December 07, 2018

Tired but not enough

So, after a week that was... long, to put it mildly, and not very sleep-filled, here I am, now not able to sleep.  Oi.  So, we blog.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/reports-former-ole-miss-coach-hugh-freeze-hired-at-liberty/ar-BBQDd8m?li=BBnba9I
This seems a little...soon?  I mean, Liberty, for all its pretense of Christianity... well, I guess I would think there are other candidates out there with less baggage?  Not that I am against redemption, and Jesus certainly met with fallen women, but...  context?  OK, let's cut the crap, this is funny as hell, and who are we kidding.  But, the optics do, or at least should matter in these things...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/magazine/wp/2018/11/28/feature/the-confederacy-was-built-on-slavery-how-can-so-many-southern-whites-still-believe-otherwise/?utm_term=.c555bb5a9fd6&wpisrc=nl_headlines&wpmm=1
Um, ok?  I've always been a little torn by these people, sort of like Creationists.  On the one hand, what the hell do I care, and it is, well, not necessarily harmless, but more... benign.  But it really isn't, these people running around out there and spewing bs.  I can take the Southern heritage and pride and respecting the dead; hell, we still let the Wehrmacth honor their dead across Europe (like it or not).  But the accompanying crap is just....crap?

In a similar vein, I, like everyone else on the right-right, am a little bemused by the 41 love.  Not saying he didn't deserve it, but where was this when he was...alive and say, President?  Much like only now do people get around to saying that maybe Bill Clinton was a little predatory, this all seems a little late and a little short.

In other news, I've come to the conclusion that I really need to get chopping on the Xmas shopping...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home