Thursday, November 15, 2018

Moves

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/duped-tricked-and-snookered-oil-analysts-say-trump-fooled-saudis-into-tanking-crude-prices/ar-BBPJq5j?li=BBnb7Kz

I was surprised by this; one, I rarely expect the media to say anything nice about the President at all.  Two... as I told my coworkers, the genius of the President is that he might not even know that he had done this... :)  Could he have?  Maybe.  I mean, low gas prices are good (a shame we couldn't use this in, say, a recent election) and especially now no one is going to complain if the Saudis are bleeding cash.  Just, for all of the POTUS'... impetuousness, this seems like a long play.  Course, if no one expects him to be able to pull this, it is far easier for him to do so.

https://sports.yahoo.com/indians-send-inf-gonzalez-pirates-5-player-swap-212519550--mlb.html

So, this happened, and I am like...hmmm?  I don't know.  To me, it seems like this is a precursor to another trade, as it seems incomplete.  Ok, Gonzalez is blocked and he is ok; a bit yippy defensively at times, not much power, prolly not a second-tier SS, so you move him and some live arms for... a less ready utility infielder and a guy who hits like an AAAA player (for now)?  Ok, maybe... I realize utility infielders are like ROOGYs, everywhere, so we could use the new guy, or find one, and plug him in, and we have five years to toy with Luplow.  But, corner OFs are also...well, easy to find.  Melky, for instance, was obviously stretched in RF and had a slow/late start, but he was.... serviceable, if not more so, after a while, and he was....free?  Anyways, I am not sure they would trade Kluber -- ok, they are dumb enough to do it, but that doesn't mean they will -- but I can see Carrasco being dangled...

https://www.vox.com/first-person/2018/11/9/18075390/election-2018-midterms-white-women-voters

As a feminist, I am shocked and appalled by this attempt to silence the voices of women...

I have to admit, seeing what is going on in the statehouse... it's like people just now remembered that they were actually Republicans...who knew???


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home