Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Curmudgeon-dom

You know, there were a couple of remarkable things that happened today... one, they arrested those people who supposedly (for now!) committed the Pike County massacre (very smart, trying to hide in Alaska)... I think I had two thoughts here, which were:
1) They'll never find the culprints
2) For all the talk of drug cartels... the perpetrators were close to home

I guess I thought #1 because people there are tight knit and don't talk, and #2 because... well, it seemed like it was... personal?  Anyways, if they did it, they should fry, because, as I like to say... well, the death penalty, if used properly, is a good thing.

The other remarkable thing -- in the shitshow category -- is that the First Lady wants changes to the President's cabinet.  This seems a little...ridiculous?  I mean, not to denigrate the policy chops of the First Lady, but this is not HRC, or even Michelle Obama here; I mean, really, she doesn't have a public role, and that is MORE than acceptable, but... it also means you really shouldn't be poking about the WH staff, especially, in, say important positions?

https://harpers.org/archive/2018/11/rebirth-of-a-nation/
I don't disagree with this, but something tells me this would NOT have ran in 2010, and, much like the Democrats who said nothing about Bill Clinton but cannot stop kvetching about Donald Trump, shitty person... well, it is more than a little rich.

http://ahousedividedapd.com/2018/11/11/maybe-the-anti-federalists-were-right/
Um....yeah?  I think they were actually right about quite a number of things, such as... well, the reaching power of the central (federal) government.  I realize my bias is toward a smaller government at the top, but..I think quite clearly the Anti-Federalists realized that the new government could have too much power over the states; to be sure, state stuff is less important now, but that wasn't always the case, and if we have some real GOPers...

On to another gripe...  I've been watching the J! Teen Tournament (it is one of my favorite times of the year) but one thing that has struck me was how often people play not to win.  To be sure, it knocked one girl out of the SemiFinals tonight by playing to win, but... this could be me, but having a lead into Final J!, getting it right, and then getting passed up... and then having to wait to see if the other people playing in the other games had the same thought as you... well, I just couldn't (and can't now) do it.  I guess it is the smart play, but...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home