Sunday, November 11, 2018

Caught up

So, after a busy day yesterday... today I did not much.  Ok, that is not quite true... I cuaght up on some stuff, answered some of the backlogged emails, handled some social justice stuff, cleaned the house... I mean, the little things that we put off.  Rah.  And I might just figure out the Xmas shopping tonight...

I also went to town on Empire of Cotton, which looks at the role of the cotton economy is the world over time, especially in the UK and the US. I realize many would be bored by it, but it is quite fascinating...  we do tend to forget the slaves and the plantations were just one part of a large chain, all interconnected through contracts and mortgages.  Ok, I think I knew it, but in the back of my mind, and not up front, as we should...

I;ve been hitting the gym hard the past couple of days; I feel myself fatter, for one, and with the holidays coming up, now is as good a time as any to get a little extra workout work in...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home