Tuesday, October 09, 2018

A whimper and a bang

Well, this weekend was Polish Festival weekend, and I survived...barely.  I ended up working nearly all day Friday, ALL day Saturday, and ALL day Sunday.  Oi.  I have a burn mark of unknown origin on my right arm and skipped the gym Monday.... but other than that, I am fine (to say nothing of God's grace).  I think the thing went well -- we had two busy days, and, much like the crew of the Titanic, we were at it to the bitter end. 

Much like the Tribe, not!  Ok, maybe...this could be me, but I think we all knew the Astros were a better team, and with the shambles of the bullpen... it was a little short of criminal to pull Carrasco in game two, but I am not really sure Francona could have done much of anything else. I did like the stuff in the Athletic about the team not being prepared/the Astros having scouted us better.... this could be me, but, if someone suspected that to be the case....don't you try to adjust?  Teams make halftime adjustments in other sports; couldn't someone have spent Sunday trying to figure a new approach?  Oi.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/glenville-high-school-football-given-2018-postseason-ban-3-year-probation-for-violations/95-602413116

My sister sent me this this morning, and she was surprised...  Aside from my comment that maybe, with all the Stouffer's commercials, there should have been enough cash lying around to pay someone to follow the rules...  I remembered this:
http://highschoolsports.cleveland.com/news/article/3642404523583602773/it-cant-happen-again-how-cleveland-metropolitan-school-district-athletic-director-plans-to-avoid-another-ohsaa-probation/

This could be me, but they had to have known that something (or someone) was on the prowl, and.... again, this could be me, but using ineligible players is a tad more serious than not fielding teams.  Much like Urban Meyer should know at least what not to do...

The other thing that is surprising to me is that...well, no one (i.e., the coach) is complaining.  I mean, none of the usual stuff about the kids or how they are disadvantaged and all that stuff (some of which is true, but...); nor (yet) is there any racism claims.  My own sneaking suspicion is that quite frankly much more egregious behavior was going on (not including this!! https://www.cleveland.com/court-justice/index.ssf/2018/07/he_was_ted_ginns_cousin_and_i.html) and that maybe, just maybe, someone had the good sense to take one for team lest the axe truly fall...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home