Tuesday, October 02, 2018

Linx

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/09/kavanaugh-republicans/571477/

Well, aren't they?  Ok, they are, and that's fine, sort of....but what I think GOPers do object to -- but have trouble stating even semi-coherently -- is that Democrats created the standard of "morals don't matter in a President" and "accusers must be besmirched at every opportunity" and now are changing the rules when it is politically convenient for them.  (Not that I blame them.) Again, if we had any brains, someone would be asking every Democrat -- especially those on say, the Judiciary Committee, exactly when and how did they come to this position when, say, two decades ago, they didn't feel that way.

https://www.cleveland.com/expo/news/erry-2018/10/ef02acccf92394/catholic-priest-sex-scandal-wi.html#incart_river_index

Well, this is...something?  I mean, I always applauded -- in its own way -- the guys in Cleveland who came up with the idea of sending this to the papal nuncio to bury it.  On the other hand, well, let's face it:  Bishop Perez certainly wasn't here for this, most of the guys are dead, and, in its own way, he gets to crap on his predecessors, boosting himself.  Genius!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/%E2%80%98the-trauma-for-a-man%E2%80%99-male-fury-and-fear-rises-in-gop-in-defense-of-kavanaugh/ar-BBNOMjh?li=BBnb7Kz

I don't necessarily disagree here...if I had a daughter who had suffered, I would be appalled...but if I had a son who was falsely accused...well, I think the same feelings would apply.  For all the complaining about the Mike Pence rule...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home