Thursday, September 27, 2018

Bits and pieces

The Kavanaugh stuff, from what I saw of it, was... a shit show?  I don't know; hard to believe he can be confirmed, even if the GOP seemed...well, unified.  Lindsay Graham, for all his anti-Trump bluster...well, I was impressed.  No one went after Feinstein and the like, though they should have.  Alas.

I started using a continuous glucose monitor last week, for a bunch of reasons...and you what, it's pretty sweet. You do get a near-constant look at your blood sugar levels without an invasive blood test, and the strips add up... and you can take insulin or eat if you are going low.  I just replaced the old and added the new one.  So I am impressed. 

https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/9/26/17902864/preschool-benefits-working-mothers-parents

This could be me, but the good people of vox (I know, I know) seemed to forget that this isn't free; as always, taxpayers footed the bill.  Now, maybe it is a good thing -- and I think it might be -- but the price tag is a bit steep, and we're not sure if it is good for the children... I mean, you sort of need some long-term looks there, don't you?

Last week I watched "Little Miss Marker," crossing yet anothe film off the list -- and maybe the last one for a while, sad to say;  I liked it -- it was sort of funny, and a pre-Code piece, too -- but it seemed a little...dated?  I do believe the film was put on to note the role of Shirley Temple in the film industry, which I completely get, but the film was just... ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home