Monday, September 03, 2018

A question of placement

Busy weekend, but one thing stands out in my mind...of ALL the players traded on 8/31 (or about), we picked up the one we could use the least.  Madson would have been a nice pickup as a reliever; Granderson ideal as an OF.  I am a fan of Gio Gonzalez -- I know he isn't having the best year, but he's a better starter than Plutko and you can put him in the pen in the playoffs (assuming we make it).  Donaldson would be ideal, if healthy, and no one knows...there is also the matter of where to put him.  He can only play 3B and 1B and DH, so... putting Ramirez at 2B, we all know, worries me (I'd almost rather he be in RF, but Melky is now one of Terry's guys). Kipnis can play CF, and he has more power than Allen, but he hasn't been that good, let's face it.  You can play Edwin at 1B and DH Donaldson, as Alonso is...well, ok but not great. 

Also, we can use a reliever or two... just saying.  Watching Josh Tomlin get innings is amusing, though as I told one of my coworkers, if he did go out and put up say 15IP of low-ERA ball (and no one is expecting this)... what would you do?  I mean, he'd probably be on the roster, simply because there are so few other options.

So, I had told Mom I would take her to the new Strongsville Raising Cane's, because, well, I wanted to try it, and she does like chicken fingers, sort of... so we went, and it was closed (online it was reported open, grr), and of course Mom was slightly snippy... driving by the mall, we saw this place called "The Rail," featuring Ohio-bred beef and such.  I suggested we try it, and snippy Mom agreed... now, it's bar/restaurant, not really made for old people, and the bench-style seating caused more griping (as did the price, as I expected).... until the food came.  It was pretty good, but Mom loved it, and I was all "Started at the bottom, now we're here" in ten minutes.  Small victories!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home