Monday, August 13, 2018

Interesting...

Watching the Tribe not beat Homer Bailey like Sherrod Brown's first wife, or, as the Fun Run Bunch pointed out, Keith Ellison's ex-gf, I am... I don't know... the guys often make this complaint -- to which I attach the "hey kids, get off my lawn" comment -- that the Tribe is not... well, fundamentally skilled or a team that plays smart baseball.  But, as the season goes on, I tend to agree.  Yesterday it was Alonso not going to first and then throwing the ball away (the play was defensible, especially if he makes the throw), and then a borderline play where Allen could have (maybe!) made the play on the drive to CF in the 9th.  Now, today -- in addition to the Chinese-restaurant style of pitching by Clev -- Allen bunts (in front of the pitcher!) and pops up the bunt...  Bad enough to do that, but... not knowing the guy up next... I mean, you really have to swing there, I think.  Even if Allen doesn't make a "productive out" (and in this situation, just getting the run in is enough), you really can't expect the AL pitcher to drive the guys in.  Oi.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/8/12/17681466/keith-ellison-karen-monahan-allegations-video
Seriousness aside...what is it about Minnesota Democrats that causes this?  What is in the water up there?  Ok, they're Democrats and I realize their morals and our morals are somewhat different, but...

https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/8/8/17376824/trump-fan-art-maga-dinesh-dsouza-jon-mcnaughton

I sort of want one of these for my house, just for shits and giggles, and maybe to keep away company, at least some types of company; on the other hand, God help me if the Mormons come trucking by, see one of their co-religionists in the living room (next to my copy of dogs playing poker, rest assured), and make their pitch.

Speaking of, that pitch Bote hit yesterday to walk off the Nationals... that was pretty cool, especially because, well... it seemed to be a microcosm of the Nats season, throwing it away, sometimes in bits and pieces, and sometimes all at once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home