Thursday, August 02, 2018

Oh, the Urbanity!

I get a kick out of the Urban Meyer story.... for the usual reasons, such as what on earth was he thinking and why the hell did he think he could get away with it... I did make the following observations at work:

1) If they fire him, it will be about two years before he ends up at Michigan, where he can demonstrate his ample prowess on the gridiron for everyone in Columbus every year; and

2) There really is a way for him to deny knowing about this; all of the assistants knew and can say that they always thought someone else would drop the dime, and, come to think of it, so can his wife... she will get fired for her Title IX violation, but I think they can survive on his income.

Now, only the lawyers will believe it, but, well, that is all they have to convince... I mean, I think it is more than likely he gets the ax, but I also don't think anyone really wants this to happen, so...


https://www.theatlantic.com/family/archive/2018/07/get-out-of-poverty-success-sequence/566414/

My general sense is that liberals are appalled by this because it...works, and thus disproves their worldview...

https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/7/30/17629978/emily-bronte-200-birthday-wuthering-heights

I hate to say this, but they are right... no one should really have to read this thing more than once....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home