Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Hmmmm...

I will give the Tribe this... it's smarter to say "I called the wrong guy up" than "I thought Otero was the better choice."  At least tonight they had time to work out the new nomenclature...In the meantime, our President -- friend of Russia, mind you -- was hectoring NATO to spend more on defense (i.e., meet their obligations) and telling the Germans not to give sweetheart gas deals to...Russia.

https://deadspin.com/a-college-basketball-insider-is-uniting-mid-majors-to-b-1826990796

This might work, and I give them props for trying, but there is nothing to stop a power conference from pulling this, either, especially if these guys start losing bids to teams from mid-majors.  That said, it would create some exciting games for these guys, and maybe, just maybe, force some TV coverage...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/09/opinion/brett-kavanaugh-conservative-republicans.html

I think this is largely correct... funny, I was talking to one of the coworkers, and I was like... (I have made this point before)  Even if Roe is overturned, does anyone really think we will be a country without abortion?  Blue enclaves will keep it going, deep red ones will not, and elsewhere...well, again, I can Ohio having something where it is legal to a certain point in the pregnancy (with a few exceptions) and then kaput.  I think most GOPers would be fine with this... or, more to the point, if the voters in AL say -- by a 65/35 margin that abortion is illegal, and the voters of CA -- by a similar margin -- say the reverse... who is wrong?  I think my answer is no one (technically), and the best way to see who is right is to see what happens...

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/06/a-history-of-evangelical-fear/563558/
I always get a kick out of these articles, because anyone who writes seems to forget the parts about hating the sin and loving the sinner... I mean, you have to hate and remove the sin from the sinner to bring them into eternal communion with Christ.  I realize everyone views that last point to suit their own needs and consciences, but.... some people are going to decide that this removal process will be....offensive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home