Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Three things...

So, it's Kavanaugh... I would have preferred Barrett, so I could have called all my progressive friends both anti-Catholic and anti-woman, but I think he will be fine.  No one wants to be Soutered, of course...and you never know. This could be me -- and I know the Donald will never win elocution awards -- but I do wonder if the guy gets the full import of what he is reading off the cards.

Was it me, or did you also think that Francona's handling of the 9th was curious?  I mean, bringing Josh Tomlin out for the third straight day (and it's not like he has been glorious lately) for the HR-happy Reds lineup?  I mean, it was curious on its own, but the fact they scored 4 in the bottom of the frame.  I guess I would sent out Cody for some work and seen what would have happened...

The Jim Jordan... I don't know, but... when I was a kid, there were certainly -- from friend groups and whatnot -- kids who knew that, say, Father was a little hinky around the altar boys (making them change out of their clothes into gym clothes before Mass and such)... but of course, we didn't know; it was all hearsay and repeated 100s of times, it was still just that.  We believed it to be true, and all tried to act accordingly, but... there wasn't any evidence (of course, the kids would tell their parents and would be accused of bullshitting).  I have a sense that Jim Jordan is getting THAT kind of treatment... not saying he shouldn't have done more, or tried to figure it out, but you really cannot crucify someone for...rumors.  I guess this is why -- say, the Weinstein and the Spacey allegations -- I tend to say that they are probably true but it is quite difficult for me to say we trees and rope for the Meryl Streeps and Robin Wrights of the world....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home