Saturday, June 16, 2018

Back

That might be a record hiatus... let's see.  Saturday my family threw a surprise bday party for me (the exact age will be unmentioned)... Sunday was the parish picnic; Monday and Tuesday I had meetings.. Wednesday was PQ; Thursday was a late dinner with friends and the watching of "In Which We Serve," and last night I dined with a college friend and her family.  Rah!  Busy stuff.

In the meantime, the Tribe... well, the bullpen has been better -- hard to believe Neil Ramirez and Oliver Perez did the trick... now the OF is a wheel of movement... Melky is gone; hard to say if he needed more work or if the batspeed is gone.  Chiz and Naquin are back (thank you Yonder for your emergency which gave the Tribe some time), which might be nice... Rajai has become less crappy (though still capable of mental baserunning errors) and Greg Allen might be hitting himself to Columbus.  I for one suspect Kluber had a bad day at the office, but that could be me...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/republicans-absorb-new-lesson-cross-president-trump-at-their-peril/ar-AAyBSTs?li=BBnbfcL

This could be me, but someday someone will write a book about how the GOP electorate was misread by its politicians; maybe someone saw it coming, but it seems to me that, for better or worse, GOP voters decided they wanted something different, and the only person selling it was Trump.  I am not sure all of it is wise, but I think you can make a convincing case (quite easily, too) that the base wants less immigration, tax cuts, and less of the Swamp (whatever that may be to each voter!)... and that a lot of GOP voters do not like that other things -- Obamacare repeal, for instance -- have yet to occur.

https://www.cleveland.com/opinion/index.ssf/2018/06/why_president_trump_will_be_th.html

A couple of my coworkers were complaining about this... I pointed out that usually... when a black man and a Republican in a Democratic town was espouse his politics, a rope and a tree were the solution... needless to say, my little historical lesson was NOT exactly appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home