Friday, June 08, 2018

A new chapter

So... the bday was yesterday, and I am now 40... ugh.  Ok, it wasn't too bad -- I had an intensive workout at the gym, which I paid for today -- caught up on some things, and had a family dinner at Banter in Gordon Square; the poutines looked interesting and they were.  They were good; mine was a bit salty, but the rabbit pot pie was solid and the brussels sprouts were pretty awesome.  Then it was home... rah.

One thing I have been doing is watching some films.... these are:
"Superman:"  Yes, the one with Christopher Reeve and such.  I liked it; I was surprised, but I did... the effects were pretty cool, the story was interesting, and... well, it was sort of neat.  I can see how it became such a hit.
"Ball of Fire:"  1941 film -- Stanwyck, Cooper, and Andrews -- about encyclopedia writers finding love and the real word via a gangster's moll...cute and funny, but I am not sure it was NFR-worthy...
"John Henry and the Inky Poo" short animated piece from 1946; all African-American depictions... I liked it, actually, to say nothing of its content.

This puts me to 664 on the list... with a few more out there to watch, though, I am sad to say, some will be... off limits for now.. :(

I finished reading River of Dark Dreams yesterday...interesting book about the role of Mississippi in fomenting the cotton culture, slavery, etc.  I liked it, but it was a little far-reaching, and I think it could have been a couple of different books...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home