Sunday, May 20, 2018

Lists

Props to the Tribe -- always trying to find a way to blow a game, even if they do not succeed.  I had three main thoughts:

1) I know it was a stopping point, if you will, and pitch count, but do you try and get another batter or two out of Kluber?
2)  Isn't going back to Neil Ramirez too much too soon?  I realize the options are all bad, but...
3)  One of the guys in the FRB is of the opinion that Miller will soon merit the dreaded "injury-prone" mantle, and while I don't think we are there yet...

That said, the park is a band box, so an occasional dinger... well, sometimes you cannot help it, I guess. But..

Received word yesterday that a friend from church passed away... while it was not exactly unexpected, it's still not fun. I always liked this person, and she was always kind to me... and she was a good person and a fixture, if you will, in our local community.  Sort of put the wind out of my sails, not that I was planning for a big night out.. I ended watching some stuff on youtube and reading... I did cross three films off the list -- 657!

"Felicia" is a short, 12 minutes, from the 60s...a young African-American girl growing up in Watts.  Interesting.
"Moon Breath Beat" is a five-minute animated short.  It was interesting, but not terribly so, if you get my drift.
"State Fair:"  The original, pre-Code film from the 1930s; family goes to the Iowa State Fair, all with varying goals and interests, and their hijinks... Will Rogets was the male lead --  people tend to forget he acted, too --  and you could see the pre-Code influences, such as bottles of apple brandy (Prohibition had just ended!) and various attempts at nookie... I did like it, sort of edgy... my impression is that the later versions aren't quite so edgy; hell, I think one is a musical, and we are not watching that.... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home