Saturday, April 28, 2018

amusement

So, yesterday, I went to attend this lecture:
http://www.cleveland.com/opinion/index.ssf/2018/04/the_pioneering_women_pilots_of.html#incart_river_index

It was interesting -- and sort of sad, I mean, there was a war going on, men were needed at the front, and these women were pretty much just sent home -- but I felt that maybe she was a little... off about the war, tactics and strategy and stuff.  On the other hand, I wouldn't mind checking out one of her books...

https://www.theatlantic.com/family/archive/2018/04/raising-kids-living-together-and-not-a-wedding-ring-in-sight/558917/

I am not sure that this is the best idea given that 1) Evidence does show kids work best in two-parent families; and 2) I think the old saw that just because Murphy Brown -- a rich white woman -- can do it doesn't mean that everyone else should...

I was talking to some friends about the upcoming primaries, and all I can say...one, I hope the Dems are as dumb as I think they are and they go out and run Dennis!  I mean, I don't think enough of them are that stupid, since then it would be a cakewalk in November, but...  The other thing I find amusing is how both Mary Taylor and Mike DeWine are trying to out-conservative each other; I mean, Mary Taylor is really doing it, which I find amusing, but even Mike DeWine, who is no one's idea of a Trumpian, is going that way...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home