Sunday, April 22, 2018

Triple header

Well, that was an interesting Tribe game... Corey Kluber serving HRs and surrendering leads, and the Tribe putting multiple men on base, at a time... A win is a win, all I can say.  I am not exactly sure that this portends an explosion of the Tribe bats, but... seven runs -- some of which were NOT via the long ball -- is sort of nice.

One other consequence of the weekend of rest is that I was able to reach 646 on the film list.  Yesterday I watched "The Way of Peace," a 1947 short about how Christians can act with the threat of nuclear war; and "Westinghouse Works, 1904," a series of shorts about... the Westinghouse works.  Actually, it was pretty cool, seeing how they made things back then; lots of manual work, and, surprising to me, lots of women, too, doing, well, work work; not like this is Rosie the Riveter time, if you get my drift.

Today I watched "Wild River"with Montgomery Clift and Lee Remick; Elia Kazan film, and I liked it, but I wouldn't exactly say I liked it; I mean, I enjoyed it, but I am not sure I would do it again, though the camera work was nifty and it was adroit touch of advocating for racial equality...

I am sending the check for my snowplow guy, but I will admit that only suspect that it will be the last one...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home