Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Curiousness

This top of the 10th is...interesting.  I mean, not having Allen bunt (in an obvious situation), sending Rajai on hit-and-runs, instead of letting him steal... it has a logic of its own, but... I am not quite seeing it.  I was also surprised by the 'pen use in the 9th; to me, I would have let Miller face Mauer and ilk, rather than bring in McAllister, but that is me...  this is a division game, you know...

In other news, sad stuff about Napoli; they are seeming to think this is the end, and one hates to see it end that way...give the guy credit, tooling around at 1B in AAA instead of hanging it up.  Joey Bats is now playing 3B in the minors, and for the Braves, I like the deal (they had Brandon Phillips in the majors last year in the role).  For Joey Bats...well, I suspect he will he up sooner rather than later, but that is me...

I am not sure as much is being made of the North Korea talks as should be.  Mind you, I don't trust them, and nor should we, but if they really think that the Donald is chafing at the bit to launch missiles and bomb the shit out of them, well...they might make a deal, and not one that gives away the farm.  This would be...well, useful.  To be sure, no one knows what the Donald will do, either, but...

I am about 240 pages into Grant, and while I do like it, I am not sure that it is hitting the key points.. maybe it is my guns and war fondness, but...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home