Friday, April 20, 2018

Humor

Yet another thrilling Tribe game, where I am sure the 50-degree weather has caused the bats to contract, or something.  In the meantime, I note that Trevor Bauer has yet to solve the issue of the one bad inning... alas, alack.  I realize the team is a slow starter, yet...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/as-teams-seek-more-relief-13-man-pitching-staffs-are-the-new-normal-1524059933?mod=cx_picks&cx_navSource=cx_picks&cx_tag=collabctx&cx_artPos=1#cxrecs_s

This could be me, but I would think that a team that goes to 11 pitchers, and keeps an extra bat or two around, would be at an advantage, especially because the reliever has to face the batter, no matter what, whereas the batter/pinch-hitter can immediately be pulled in favor of a new batter, thus erasing the platoon advantage at a single stroke.  I guess to me, when all goes one way, the way to go is the other way, especially when you have the fairly solid rotation and bullpen that the Tribe does.

https://slate.com/business/2018/04/why-sb-827-californias-radical-affordable-housing-bill-was-so-unpopular.html

This amused the shit out of me, mainly because, well, of course they'd fuck it up; they're libtards, and if you can't get the people who believe in ending inequality, white privilege, and the domination of a car-centric culture to pass the one bill that could solve (in part) all of this at once...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home