Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Shock of shocks

Well, that was another thrilling Tribe game.  This could be me, but didn't everyone seem to think that Francona was going to the 'pen wayyy too early.  I mean, yes, it's Josh Tomlin, but a four-run lead, and 11 outs... well, it seemed like a bridge too far, especially with the way everything has been going.  And it was.  The Otero implosion is by now expected, but Miller...well, maybe -- like Guyer -- he was brought back too early.  Not saying it wasn't defensible, but if it is obvious he isn't ready for tight situations... well, you don't bring him into them.  Oi.

https://theathletic.com/350014/2018/05/15/older-and-wiser-joe-dooley-is-back-for-a-second-act-at-east-carolina-bent-on-reviving-a-struggling-program/

I remember hearing about this, and I was like... whoa.  I mean, I realize coaching at FGCU means you'll be a 15-seed (at best) in the tourney, if you make it (and you HAVE to win the conference tourney), but... for one, inheriting Enfield's team and carrying the success on... well, not impossible.  Two, this could be me, but every time you see a game there, they show the place... well, it is in literally paradise, with, well... beau jolie filles, if you get my drift.

https://www.wired.com/story/nashville-transit-referendum-vote-plan/

I got a kick out of this one, mainly because of how it is stressed that Nashvillians will pay more for this boodoggle without actually seeing any improvement.  Much like I have yet to see a climate change/global warming believer actually willing to do something to reduce their carbon footprint, I have yet to see the liberal willing to pay more than their fair share for the public good... or their own, for that matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home