Friday, May 11, 2018

R-e-l-i-e-f

I got a kick out of Jensen Lewis on the Tribe broadcast telling us that it was too early to make a trade for a reliever... oh, I don't know, I think that's not quite true; I mean, if none of the current 10 candidates or so can cut it... well, time for Plan B.  Much as I didn't fault Cincinnati for biting a bullet and deciding to try and fix Matt Harvey... I mean, maybe the price might be too high, but if they wanted to, they could find a middle reliever.  Let's also note that Lindor has been... shitty with the glove, and it has been costing them quite a bit, including tonight.

https://theathletic.com/345409/2018/05/08/payer-haters-three-prominent-pay-for-play-opponents-explain-their-support-for-the-ncaa-restricting-athlete-compensation/?source=email

I agree with much of this; I mean, the first example is the one I find most persuasive, but the others are key as well.  I don't think there is any good solution, short of simply letting more kids go pro at 18.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/5/10/17335466/scott-walker-wisconsin-child-tax-credit-hundred-100-dollars-refund-child-allowance

This amused me, because, let's face it, every political action is a bribe or payoff to some group or voting bloc; calling for what it is, imagine that.  Next you'll tell me that Social Security is a Ponzi scheme...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home