Sunday, May 06, 2018

Rest

Well, that was an exciting Tribe loss!  The sad part is, I am not really sure Francona could have, or should have, done anything differently...  going to Allen in that situation was pretty defensible, as you really can't trust the rest of the bullpen.  The days of the Tribe's pen as a strength seem so far away now...  even with the doubleheader, the relief corps has been a revolving door.  I am not sure that some of it isn't Francona himself; using guys for one inning at a tine only gets the tired and means you have to pitch everyone...especially when games run extra or someone gets shelled.

In other news, I am up to 650 on the film list, thanx to a viewing of "Drums of Winter."  It is a 1980s documentary about the efforts of Inuits to preserve the dance elements of their native culture.  Interesting, albeit not terribly so...ok, it was interesting, just not quite my cup of tea.

Cut the grass today, first time this year... considering the benign neglect (at best) with which I operate, I was more than pleased that the lawn mower started up on the first try and there were no issues during the mow.  Yesterday I went out and picked up twigs; I found a whole tree branch barely a few feet from my house, which would have caused damage had it landed perpendicularly...  I have to admit, I did have an urge to clear-cut every bit of vegetation within 50 feet of the house, even though I knew that wasn't exactly realistic...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home