Friday, May 18, 2018

A Failure to Communicate

This could be me, but the idea of the Browns being the team for "Hard Knocks" seems to be... a bad idea?  I mean, do they  really want people to see what goes on there?  I mean... 0-16, the QB drama, the coach drama, the legal problems of the owner... maybe it was their turn, and maybe the NFL is making the decision for them, but it seems a poor choice.

http://www.honestgraft.com/2018/05/what-we-can-learn-from-demise-of-trumps.html

To me, this is a failure of the WH political team, and while I can fault President Trump for this, you'd think someone in the White House (Kellyanne Conway, for instance) would have said "Hey, let's do this!"  The reasons, to me, are self-evident:
1)  The President, for all his faults, can claim -- rightly -- experience with, you know, building;
2)  Congresspeople, especially those with an interest in being re-elected, love to get pictures with Presidents and in front of... engines of job creation, if you will;
3) GOPers who need to hug Trump to win primaries (and you know what I say, no one likes getting primaried) would have ample opportunity to do so;
4)  No one really thinks of Trump and the GOP as fiscal conservatives; and 
5) It would be an ideal time to rant against his predecessor -- a POTUS favorite and something not opposed by the base -- for not, you know, doing this and instead pissing around on healthcare, or something.

I realize we can't expect the White House to do all of these things, of course, but I would think some of them should have been.... tried, at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home