Thursday, May 31, 2018

Escalation

Well, that was...impressive.  I mean, blowing an eight-run lead?  Ok, 4 runs... still, it is... something.  I think Bieber pitched... ok enough?  I think for a pitcher of his profile -- good not great stuff, around the plate a lot -- it is what you will get; he will get the Ks early, but as MLB hitters adjust, you get a few who can poke the ball around.  Funny; one of my coworkers suggested that Bieber should be moved to the pen, immediately... I don't think it was in the Earl Weaver way either; he wanted him as, say, McAllister... I am not sure he isn't wrong; I don't think Bieber's stuff translates to the pen, and I think his health, long-term, will be better off if they can keep him starting and not taxing himself in the pen, but...

https://www.vox.com/2018/5/30/17405720/liberty-evangelical-movie-trump-prophecy

I need to see this; not in the way I am going through the National Film Registry, but in the full trainwreck way... this could easily outrank Jesus Camp in terms of amusement value.  It has everything; Liberty University (they have a film school!), Trump, evangelical Christians twisting themselves to explain their support for him (it isn't that irrational, in all honesty), and, of course, people proclaiming that they can discern the will of God.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tonifitzgerald/2018/05/29/why-abc-canceled-roseanne-the-economics-behind-the-shocking-decision/#2619128a5e56

Interesting... this could be me -- and I agree with this -- but you would think, if Roseanne supporters and their ilk -- truly cared, they would also boycott.  Now, this is problematic in many ways -- no ABC, no ESPN, no Disney (Frozen!) -- but I would think in this day and age of the Internet and everyone coming together... it could be done... not saying it would, but it would be funny as hell if three million deplorables began shutting off their TVs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home