Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Action everywhere

Well, I am just a blogging machine... this could be me, but when Beliveau started the ninth, I was like "Six runs is not enough" and of course, it wasn't... well, not that they left him around to try.  I don't know; with all of the bullpen machinations, I am not sure you just don't let Otero (try to) finish the game, rather than using two more pitchers... especially because Beliveau is simply to be the break glass if needed guy.  More importantly, Shane Bieber starts Thursday to get a look, which is fine, I guess...I am not sure we need to push Bauer back a day, but if everyone else feels better about it...

All sorts of scandals today; I mean, Roseanne is the first one, and, for myself... I bet by the end of the year Fox has the show picked up.  Not saying it won't attract controversy, but 1) Fox won't mind and 2) It's not like the ratings won't be higher...  they might not be, but I suspect the Roseanne audience won't exactly complain....

I wonder if the above scandal influenced this:
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/29/scandal-plagued-missouri-governor-expected-to-resign-611384

I mean, not the result -- he's been dead man walking for a while -- but the timing.  Frankly, I am surprised he lasted this long...  I realize as the last GOPer who cares about family values, my notion that married GOP governors shouldn't cheat on their wives -- much less go Sherrod Brown on them -- but more to the point, this issue was dragging down the perpetually good idea to get rid of Claire McKaskill... maybe Josh Hawley, free of this, can put her out to pasture...

Is it me, or are the insects more active this year?   To be sure, every year the ants come in, but it seems there are more now... the hundred-leggers also are active, and yesterday I killed wasp/hornet/something in the basement shower. I am thinking I need to clean the kitchen floor again and apply more poison to the gap in the sill... either that or sit all day and watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home