Thursday, July 12, 2018

Randoms

http://www.slate.com/articles/podcasts/trumpcast/2018/07/the_aclu_s_shifting_mission.html

The ACLU has values?  Imagine that.  )

This could be me, but everyone seems to think the Yankees/Tribe series will be a bloodbath; even with the Tribe's pen issues...well, Kluber can't pitch every night, and the Yankees can put them on the board in bunches.  I think Corey pitched, at least well enough...but it could be a long weekend in Cleveland.

Finished the 5th book in the Philo Vance series - clever but not terribly so, a little contrived on the plot, but still interesting... started the Harry Jaffa book Abraham Lincoln and the Coming of the Civil War which is 500 pages of single-spaced theory, and I like it already. Not that I have a lot of time to do so, but... we will squeeze it in as best as we can. 

I do believe the ships have sailed on some of my latest...ventures, so I of course embarked on a new round of them.  *Sigh*  We survive, but it is not exactly a fun fest of morale...

Went to Our Lady of Mount Carmel (today's meeting was canceled) with a friend... sort of carmageddon with Edgewater Live, the Tribe game, and the usual morass of traffic; I ended up parking on West Clifton and hoofing it, which was sort of long, but not terribly so, given that it beats sitting in traffic, and it would behoove me to NOT be a fatass...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home