Saturday, July 28, 2018

Pain

Well, the crack Tribe medical staff is at it again, with now Naquin to the DL for a hip issue.  One of my coworkers texted me yesterday that to play  both Rajai and Melky in the OF at the same time is criminal/stupid both, and I told that while I agreed... 1) Rajai is the only one on the roster who can play center and 2) Melky has the veteran cred Francona likes; mind you, I am not sure the man can hit anymore -- I mean, his callup last time wasn't all that bad, and he had a knack for getting runs in, which is not unimportant -- but I suspect there will little improvement off that if you get my drift.

Mind you, I liked the move for Hand and Cimber -- help now and insurance if/when Allen and Miller leave -- and for whatever reason, Mejia wasn't exactly wowing them, so it was a fair price to pay.  But, the OF is still a hot mess...

Up to 673 on the film list, watched "Four Little Girls" last nite, which was about the 16th Street Church bombing in Birmingham in 1963.  Very interesting; Spike Lee can make films, even if the inclusion of Bill Cosby was an interesting surprise...

Final day of OC managing duty today, and it was quite pleasant... lots of volunteers, no major issues, and actually really helped some people.  It will never always be this simple, but...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home