Monday, July 30, 2018

Baseball!

Jon Paul Morosi reported that the Tribe is talking to Nats about Harper.... I can imagine that the conversation was between "No" and Hell No!," but... well, a boy can dream.  Much as I love Adam Jones, I suspect the Tribe will get Billy Hamilton.  He can field, of course, but he really can't hit, which to me is a problem, given the lack of offense and the general trend of OF defense not minding as much.  Of course, no one knows how long Naquin will be out (long) and Rajai prolly should not be out there every day.  Oi.

This was actually pretty good:
https://www.pbs.org/video/ted-williams-2xjdi2/
Though it did seem to stress...well, the human side?  I don't know, I guess I would have loved more about the numbers (though the stressing of how his advice works well now was cool) and...well, let's just say that I think the thing underestimates his... contentious relationship with the fans, if you get my drift.  It did mention his role in putting Negro Leaguers into the HOF, which, I think, should be mentioned more.

https://sports.yahoo.com/10-degrees-underachieving-nationals-reached-point-trading-bryce-harper-make-sense-164438671.html

This could be me, but I would think that every underachieving team has a shitty clubhouse; I mean, look at Boston the year they let Francona go, when Dan Johnson hit that HR to tie the game and the Rays ended up in the playoffs.. (it worked out so well for them).  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home