Sunday, August 12, 2018

Tearing things up

I am beginning to understand the concept of a lazy Sunday afternoon, mainly because I am having one... I took a brief nap, even!  The game is going at a languid pace... I did watch another movie to cross it off the list.  Today's selection was "Lonesome," a 1928 silent film about two people who meet and become separated at Coney Island... in some ways it reminded me of "Sunrise," with the cinematography and such. Two other things of note: one, the difficulty of staying connected in a world without the conveniences of today, and 500 people in the best clothes at the amusement park today...well, people would think it crazy.

Yesterday I watched "A Study in Reds," an amateur short from 1932.  Cute and funny, and the more remarkable given that it was a mainly all-female cast from the local women's club... I guess we do, or can, do it know, given the proliferation of phones and youtube and such, but the fact that it was more of a production then...

Yandy is up with the club, and while I realize he may not have the power desired nowadays, he seems to be raking, which would imply there is no reason for him to be back in Columbus... I don't really have a huge issue with Edwin to the DL -- ten days off should be enough to get him healthy and we need the bats for the series in Cincy, and at the very least, Yandy should get some PHs, where he can continue to show that he should be on the ML roster...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home