Friday, August 31, 2018

Catching up

Went to the Tribe game Wednesday -- I needed a break, wanted a bobblehead, and here we are... it was nice, just to sit and watch a game... the ending wasn't as fun, of course.  I mean, Plutko will never be, well, Trevor Bauer, but he is serviceable, at least for now.  I made a comment that you almost want to see Tomlin instead of Allen, and while I wasn't being totally serious...well, his inability to pitch is a problem.  I mean, the rotation is pretty solid; and while the offense has its gaps... but they really have one reliever they can rely on; everyone else is a question.  I am surprised they didn't make a move today... still time, but, if Drew Butera -- of all people -- can be moved, I can't fathom why we cannot even find a new arm, just to kick the tires.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/08/mike-pence-and-his-talent-for-being-absent/569017/

Yes, talent is one way to describe it, but as I always say, if you can't stand President Trump...well, wait until you get President Pence.  Of course, most GOPers would...prefer President Pence, if you get my drift. :)

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/08/27/federalist-society-yale-history-conservative-law-court-219608

This was interesting; I liked the part about feeling like a weirdo for being the only conservative in the room...

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/08/29/california-abolish-cash-bail-reformers-unhappy-219618
This could be me, but I have no problem with saying that some people really need to be locked up and throw the key away... I have never understood why for some on the left, this is such an issue....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home