Thursday, August 23, 2018

Crapshow

Two big things of note... first, I saw "Hamilton" yesterday... it was good.  A little long, a little too musical... as I said, it is sort of like Mass, which, as you can imagine, went over well.  But it was pretty cool, and honestly, I need to read Chernow's biography, at the very least.

Number two, of course, was the Urban Meyer scandal; I am starting to dig Clay Travis, mainly because of stuff like this:
https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/on-the-urban-meyer-and-ohio-state-disgrace/

I of course said he wouldn't be fired, but it was truly a shitstorm; hell, not even Trump manages to piss off so many people as did OSU there... the Urban Liar bit is pretty funny, too.... I liked the take about President wanting to fire him and the Trustees not... ok, I mean, really... the Trustee are, by definition, the ones who run around and cut big checks, which would be a lot harder to do if the FB team suddenly began to tank.  Plus, after the Trustees fired the old coach... well, the President of tOSU would also be out of job, and where else could he be hired....

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-21/trump-s-war-against-blue-states?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_term=180821&utm_campaign=ritholtz

I am not exactly seeing the downside here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home