Friday, August 17, 2018

Ideas

https://www.vox.com/2018/8/15/17693518/pope-francis-death-penalty-open-letter-first-things

Yes, I can think of a few people for whom this would be a good thing...

https://www.vox.com/2014/8/15/6005805/julia-child-birthday-remembrance

This is actually hilarious....  I mean, I love, cook with convictions and such!

They were talking before on the Tribe game about how Carrasco has been both consistent and good, and you know, they're right... I mean, for all the talk of Bauer (and it is deserved), well... he has been pretty solid this year; I think we forget about it with some of his clunker starts and all, but... he's pitched like a 2 starter, at the very least.  I did appreciate the puff piece in the Athletic about how the rotation was built... I do believe the phrase "luck is the residue of design" is the line I would think applies here.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/companies-shouldnt-be-accountable-only-to-shareholders-1534287687

I think this is awesome, mainly because if some GOP had any brains -- and we all know what this means -- they would go and do the same for government.  The same could apply -- you'd have to consider the effect of legislation, and they could sue you if it didn't take (like, say, if your health care costs doubled if someone went around saying they wouldn't).   Forty percent of the bureaucrats could be elected by us.  Seven-five percent of voters or Congress would have to approve legislation.  No pensions for five years after retirement.  Genius, I tell you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home