Thursday, September 06, 2018

Random things

Busy two days... went to the Tribe game Tuesday nite -- fun, a win, finally... good to see Yandy going yard and continuing to get time; with Alonso looking bad in both facets of his game and with Diaz having nothing left to prove... just saying, I think he can hit, and I think a place needs to be found for him....say, the OF?  Anyways, I guess I was a little surprised that 1) They pulled Clevinger after six -- his count was a little high, but the way he was pitching, it looked like he could have gone more and 2) Francona felt the need to use the best relievers (and Allen!) to hold a 7-run lead.... yes, this has a been a year when no lead is safe, but...

Also, I am NOT a fan of this talk of reforming the 40-man roster rule; I mean, the rules of the game do NOT change, you just allow more people to play.  And...so what?  If teams load up to play anyone to get an advantage, so be it... I think most teams add people to get them a look, or, for the Tribe, to reward guys for good minor league seasons. I would think, for teams trying to make the playoffs, or evaluating players, this is one way -- and a big one --to try and make these decisions.  Plus, guys can make some real money....

http://blog.yardeni.com/2018/09/what-if.html

I think some of this is true -- the business confidence, for instance.  The small-cap stock stuff I had not considered, and in some ways it makes a lot of sense.  Other stuff.. well, maybe the President has some way of winning easy trade wars by using tariffs as leverage, but... well, the man does have this unique way of not sticking to any script for more than three tweets, so it is simply difficult to assign any long-term strategy to the man.  

https://www.cleveland.com/shatter/2018/09/men_in_the_metoo_era_say_theyv.html

As a feminist... no, too funny.. I mean, I think the issue here is that 1) men are used to, in most cases, speaking somewhat more frankly about some things than women are; and 2) men are also deathly afraid of the false accusations, because -- as we learned from the Duke and the UVa scandal, you lose even when you win, and the accusers do not suffer nearly as much as the men do -- so you just avoid the situation as much as you can.  My fellow feminists have, for better or worse, created this monster, so now they can lie in it...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home