Saturday, December 01, 2018

Interesting

Well, that was an...interesting trade?  I guess I don't see it, though if they had a jonesing to trade someone, Gomes is fine... rather than a starter.  As one of my coworkers pointed out, this would mean that the Tribe front office is of the opinion that Perez can be a starter.  As he was the fourth-worst hitter in the league or so... also, they may expect Gomes to decline next year, and that is a fair take, I think, though not as much as Roberto's base level.  On the other hand, the fair question ask is what we got in return... and it seems to be a 4th OF, a swingman, and what I could hope to be the world's greatest PTBNL? Ok, there are holes in the pen, and  he can fill them, but... giving up a good C for a reliever?  Um, yeah, surre.

https://www.claremont.org/crb/basicpage/the-flight-93-election/

The above was referenced in this article:
https://www.vox.com/2018/11/19/17841946/trump-conservatism-california-gop-shapiro-midterms-2018
And, to use one of my favorite phrases...yes no maybe?  The problem is -- and I think this was only solved by Reagan -- is that the two sides of the GOP, if you will, have never really been able to work together.  This could be me, but there are dozens of ways that the religious right and the economic conservatives could collaborate.  Ok, school vouchers they did, but elsewhere...nada.  This I find to be troubling... if yoiu think about it, voting with your pocketbook should be the easiest thing to do, and similarly, the GOP should be able to say "For ALL of these reasons, this needs to go."  But, as the Flight 93 article points out, we never do. And it is sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home