Monday, November 26, 2018

Surprises

Well, that was... unexpected? I don't know, even I thought OSU would get slaughtered, but... nope. Impressive.  For all the crap Urban Meyer has pulled this year, you have to give him credit for the win.  Now, I don't think OSU really has a path to the tournament, at least not without help, but...at least they didn't whimper away.

Another thing that surprised me -- at least at first -- was Josh Donaldson going to the Braves for 1/$23.  It's a lot, especially if you aren't sure he is healthy enough to play all the tine.  But, if he is... you've got a sweet deal, and if not, you're only throwing away a year's worth of cash.  And, the player gets more cash to make up for lack of career certainty.  Still, if he can't play....

I started watching "Turn" on DVD --  I saw it at the library while looking for something else, and grabbed it... so far it is good...

I went to Kmart today to get some stuff for the giving tree gifts at church... it's interesting.  Most of the Wal-Marts I have been to -- and all of them around here -- are pretty much shitholes, but every time I go to our local Kmart.. well, they're usually in pretty good shape.  Today, it was immaculate.  (Not having crowds might be the issue, but...) Things were pretty easy to find and the people were...friendly?  I mean, they didn't seem to be like the Wal-Mart worker, if you get my drift.  I realize Eddie Lampert has run Sears, and Kmart, into the ground, and that is sad, but sometimes I wonder if the wrong chain isn't going out of business...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home