Monday, December 03, 2018

Caught up

Off today, which was nice... I was able to catch up on some emails and other things, do some paperwork... took Mom to lunch to Pierogies of Cleveland (POC) in Richfield...it was just ok?  (It was a little disappointing, I expected more, perhaps?)  Mom thought it was too greasy but she is the grease Nazi.. I had cream corn pierogi -- which were awesome -- and chicken paprikash, which were ok... not much paprikash that I could taste, which to me is the reason why.  I picked some dessert ones to take home, so we will see...

I noted that Akron fired Terry Bowden.  Ok, he went 4-8 -- after winning last year -- so that I can see.  On the other hand... one, could anyone do any better?  Maybe, but maybe not; the MAC is a tough neighborhood (losing six in a row hurt, as did the Nebraska game, which could have been a W).  Two, given the cash issues at UA...well, maybe they should have waited?  The optics aren't good, paying a guy NOT to coach when you are bleeding cash elsewhere..

https://www.loc.gov/programs/national-film-preservation-board/film-registry/index-of-essays
I was poking around the site -- trying find ways to see the films I have not yet seen -- and found these. It took a few days to read them all, but they were on the whole fairly interesting; to be sure, some of them addressed different points than others, but I always like the behind-the-scenes stuff, and this certainly qualified.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home