Saturday, December 15, 2018

Catching up

On the one hand, I apologize for not blogging earlier; on the other, this is the first time I've had a hunk of time to do this...on Saturday at 3:30 PM.  I have been...busy.  Not one thing, of course, but all little things -- shopping, meeting with friends, baking brownies for the church fest, company Xmas party, the usual.  Rah.  And, there is more busy-ness to come!  Oi?  Yay?  We survive.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2018-12-13/full-employment-proves-to-be-the-best-weapon-against-inequality

There was an article there, I think, as well, which discussed the increase in blue-collar incomes, and I think they are both right.  One, Trump's tax cut did, I think, boost a lot of blue-collar hiring (I certainly got that impression from work!) and as there are not enough people to do it, it means that people are not only going to get hired, but they are going to get paid more.  I would think that people in general spend money, especially after a day or week or work-work, so that in turn puts more money in other people's pockets, such as the service industry, and these people are going to spend as well...


Um...yes?  I mean, piss off people in a certain way and they will respond.  The funny thing, to me, is that this is something liberals have used to their advantage; I mean, there always used to be Christian groups running around boycotting Disney for gay day, but no one paid attention...this of course is different, but I think now people, on the right, don't really trumpet this...they just stay away.


I have only seen four of these -- "The Informer" just a few weeks ago -- but I think I can add a bunch.  Let's just say that no one should be surprised that I have seen but four, and some of the more popular ones are those that I have missed.  This means I have seen 693 of the 750, so hitting 700 is now more doable. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home