Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Departures

Christmas Day, so....Merry Christmas, everyone!  Mine has so far been good; some books, some snacks, some other things...and some quality family time, what could be better?

So, one of my coworkers sent me a list of ALL the Tribe players from 2018 who are gone.  I was...well, check it out for yourself:
Brantley
Donaldson
Rajai Davis
Melky Cabrera
Chisenhall
Guyer
Gomes
Yonder Alonso
Yandy Diaz
Edwin!
Cody Allen
Andrew Miller

Ok...some of these guys we will NOT miss -- Alonso, Guyer, Rajai? I like Rajai, but he is not quite the player he was.  Guyer was good when healthy, which was rare...you could say that about Chisenhall.  Allen and Miller... I don't know, maybe?  They weren't quite the same last year, and if they rebound, good.. but if not, will we miss them?

Edwin I will miss, but I am not we will miss him. Gomes was an asset, so that is one.  Yandy I think will be fine but it's like Edwin, for a different reason.  That leaves Melky (I think he returns), Donaldson (we hardly knew ye) and Brantley... the last two, again, if they are healthy, but that is a HUGE risk.  (I didn't expect Donaldson to stick around, so no big loss, per se....)

So I guess my point is that yes, we will miss them, but I am not sure that ALL of them will be missed.  With the exception of Gomes, all of them have SOME issue that would make one say maybe not.  The best case (for us) is that all of them have declines and the front office looks brilliant.  But for how many will that be the case?  And, if the rotation stays intact...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home