Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Progress

So, I took advantage of the off day and watched "Hud" (696), a new entry to the NFR.  It was...good?  I mean, I did like it, a little slow, more of a family drama than a Western, but good enough.  Funny, one of the actors...recognized but could not place him, and then I figured it out... it was the little kid from "Shane," but all grown up.

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2018/12/how-about-you-just-admit-you-hate.html
This is pretty funny, and I have to give Rand Paul credit for going there... I have to admit, I think the departure from Syria is bad and that it costs us Mattis... well, to me, victory in Syria (so far) is indeed a key policy win for the President; bombing the shit out of them is a simple plan (one understood by 45) and it is easy so why stop it...keep bombing and have some troops there.  On the other hand, I think you, me, everyone forgets that the isolationist wing of the GOP is probably more supportive of Trump so the blowback is less... And, to some extent, Rand Paul is right; short of making the place the 51st state, there is very little we can do any more after all this time. Now, I think the idea of being the cop on the beat is fine enough, but...

I have to admit, the rumor that the Tribe is shopping Kluber to the Padres is...well, I really can't see anything that they have that we could use to make our team better....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home