Tuesday, January 22, 2019

A double feature

https://www.ohio.com/news/20190119/rev-ernest-angley-admitted-sexual-encounter

This is....hilarious?  I mean, ok, it's not, but... for one thing, the guy is 90-some now, so he was 70-some then...oi... I went to the old Cathedral Buffet a couple of times, many moons ago... it was interesting? Ok?  I mean, I don't recall the food being all the good, but not bad, but the people there did have, if you will, a Stepford Wives vibe.  It was just... odd.  In the meantime, I think we really haven't had a good old sex scandal in a while -- Jerry Falwell's son defending habitual adultery doesn't cut it anymore -- so this will have to fit.  The funny thing is, the story of Reverend Davis is...well, what the Church should be; people doing horrible things and being saved, and turning that destructive energy into a spiritual force for good.

I went to the movies yesterday and watched "They Shall Not Grow Old," the Peter Jackson WWI tribute.  It was a bit steep at $15, but... it was pretty cool.  3-D for one!  Another...well, the colorization was nifty, and the old movies were cool, and I and a bunch of us stayed for the making of video after, which was also interesting -- adding sound, color, looking at the film, fixing it... I would recommend it.

I also watched 'Eve's Bayou," which was appropriate, given it was MLK Day (an entirely African-American cast) but I didn't know til I put the DVD in the machine and read the back of the box (yes, I try to watch every film cold).  I liked it...I would not say I would watch it again, but it was interesting.  Some plot twists, even some I knew; lots of stars... the movie had a slow pace, sort of like Eastwood's films now, or maybe "Unforgiven."  I think it was effective... so we are now at 701.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home