Monday, February 18, 2019

Guestimating

So,I was doing some errands today, and at one of them, they had a little trivia contest, which was basically... what is the African-American population of the US in percent terms, based on the last census.  I know it isn't that much, and said 14%... they were pretty impressed; the answer is 12.8% (I was also impressed).  Anyways, we were talking, and most of the answers were 40 or 50%... I opined that the issue was one of distribution -- here in NE Ohio, African-Americans are fairly large population growths, but in much of the US, that is just NOT the case.  They were of the opinion that in terms of media... well, you see more people of color out there than there actually are, which I think is sort of true...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/can-the-middle-class-revival-under-trump-last/ar-BBTtTRj?li=BBnbfcL

I got a kick out of this one; I mean, on the one hand, it is good to see someone in the media giving credit to what Trump has accomplished.  Of course, they couldn't wait to add all sorts of caveats.  But considering all of the trouble the media is having with reporting the facts nowadays...well, we must take these things as they come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home