Thursday, March 07, 2019

In other news...

Well, maybe now people will stop squawking about the format of the latest J! tournament... ok, prolly not.  Anyways, conveniently ignoring the elephant in the room...well, I sort of liked it... the whole switching per round is a good a way as any to get three people to play J! at once, and the draft... well, good stuff.  I didn't necessarily like the extra padding, but, as I noted... nowadays, anyone can go online and blog about the J! experience; but, a generation ago, you couldn't; it was only in a few books.  I guess the mystery of the experience is a lot less now, and people, like me, just want to answer questions.

PQ last nite...came in second, which was impressive, as it was just Dee and myself.  So there was a big payoff, and while I do not like not winning... it wasn't the worst experience.


This, in the New Yorker???  I've added it to the book list, so in 2021 -- at this pace -- I will get along to it.  I like Hanson, in the way I like Clay Travis (quite the comparison); I may not agree with what they say, but I like how they present it, and at the end of it I can say "I get where they come from."  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home