Tuesday, March 12, 2019

To the contrary

Long day.  Long week.  All sorts of crazy stuff.  Oi.  I will admit, though, that I still remain...well, not necessarily calm, but...serene?  I think somehow things are... reaching an equipose.  Prolly not, but for now, I am, to use my favorite phrase, guardedly optimistic.  And we all know what that means...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/former-vice-president-cheney-challenges-pence-at-private-retreat-compares-trumps-foreign-policy-to-obamas-approach/ar-BBUDXmX?li=BBnbcA1
This could be me, but doesn;t this help  Trump and crew position themselves?  Cheney, fairly or not, is viewed as the architect of a war that is/was an expensive and costly failure... so if the next GOP president comes along and says, Gee, we're not doing this...  I guess the appeal of Trump is that -- using P.J. O'ORourke's phrase -- 90% of the same, and going off the GOP reservation on war... well, politically, it is smart.  It certainly is a pitch to say "I;m not sending your kids to die over there" and, I will admit, it is a traditional -- albeit minority -- GOP view.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tucker-carlson-unapologetic-over-misogynistic-comments-on-statutory-rape-insults-against-women/ar-BBUC0c6?li=BBnb7Kz
As for this... well, for one, if he had any brains, he would have said "It was for 'Bubba the Love Sponge,' of course I wasn't serious!" or something similar.  I do have to give the liberals props for Breitbarting him -- well played -- but, again, like above...doesn't this sort of help him?  I mean, Sunday's comments...well, any guy just after a breakup says a lot worse, and today...well, I bet there are plenty of people who would agree with him. Also...I always thought Tucker Carlson was viewed as the spoiled rich kid, so spouting off stuff that a construction worker, or our Preseident would say...doesn't hurt the street cred.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home