Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Amusement

All sorts of interesting college hoops news today, sort of... Tim Miles was fired.  Alabama hired the coach from Buffalo, whose inked contract extension was not even dry (this does not speak well for the people who don't want to compensate athletes, if you get my drift), and, interestingly... Tennessee fired Holly Warlickm the women's coach.  I mean... I get the feeling a lot of people would want the job, but it would also be an impossible -- almost so -- situation.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/03/chelsea-clinton-gets-caught-call-out-culture/585397/
Hahaha!  I mean, I feel badly for her, but...this is sort of liberal heaven -- which Chelsea has done her best to create -- so....

https://aeon.co/essays/the-poor-might-have-always-been-with-us-but-charity-has-not

This was interesting; I mean, I guess i always knew this, but it was good to see a reminder.  Of course, the idea of the classics hasn't gone away... my GOPers are more guilty of this than anyone, but, as someone who has done social justice once or twice... let me put it this way:  in some cases, yes, people are poor by their own volition, and by their own voliition they will remain poor.  And, for the most part, I don't feel badly about this; indeed, one must help more-deserving people less because of it, and that simply rankles.

On to other less important news...  I am amused by the whole brouhaha about the Mueller report; I guess I never believed that there was collusion to begin with.  Do I think the President obstructed justice?  Probably.  On the other hand, the Lindsay Grahams of the world can say -- truthfully -- that if Democrats could parse perjury into nothingness, so too can Republicans, especially if the underlying crime never happened.  More seriously -- and I think Lindsay Graham shoud be extremely busy soon -- is the Smollet case, which means that for $10,000, you, too, can make a fake hate crime go away...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home